18 June 2007

being transformed

Yesterday was a big day for my family. Not only was it Father's Day and Cole's 2nd birthday, but it was also a day marked by victory and breakthrough for me.

Six months ago, in jest, I stripped down to my skivvies and put myself out there for the world to see. By mid January, with all joking aside, I made a decision that the time for change had come. There was no turning back.

So, eighteen weeks ago, I began a life-transforming journey... a journey that ended (and began) yesterday. I haven't written much - well anything - about it, because I wasn't sure how to put words to it. Actually, I'm still not so sure. The short of the long is that 18 weeks ago, I began the Prism Weight Loss Program.

When I started this program, the daunting task of dropping the 28.5 (not 15) lbs. I picked up over the last six years was before me. What I didn't realize at the time was that my weight had very little to do with the journey on which I was set to embark. The last 18 weeks have been spent releasing a lifetime of baggage - dealing with and truly discovering ME.

Today, I am a new person. I have been freed from a TRUE addiction to refined white flours and sugar (yes, ME). I have been freed from the snares of emotional, uncontrolled and purposeless eating. Today, I am healthy, whole and triumphant. Perhaps for the first time in my life, I have taken total responsibility for my choices and actions, I've changed my perspective, and I've seen positive fruit in my life, my family, my friends and my future as a result. I have beheld and embraced the woman God created me to be, and today, I am closer to her than ever before.

I am being transformed.

Yesterday, when I stepped on the scale for the fifth time since I began this program, 34 lbs and a lifetime of hidden defeat, discouragement, frustration, lies, guilt, shame, negativity, ignorance, insecurity and
bondage were gone. Today, His mercies are new, His spirit is here and a new journey of truth and liberty begins.

I am grateful for the 127 days and the lifetime struggle preceding them that have brought me to this point. I am grateful to Kristin, who in passing spoke the word "Prism" into my life over four years ago and to my Father for bringing to mind at the PERFECT time this word that lay dormant in the depths of me. Today, I am grateful for my four dear friends who have recently begun their own journeys.
I
am grateful for every other life that will be impacted by each of them.

Yesterday with laughter,
tears, hope and gratitude, my family and I celebrated a monumental day of life, love and liberty. It was a day we will never repeat, but always remember. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

7 comments:

Burridge said...

Abi...not only do you look totally amazing, toned and healthy but you also radiate a confidence and joy that are infectious. Your transformation has inspired me to follow your lead and discover the REAL me. Your wisdom and support the last few weeks have been monumental and for that I am eternally grateful.

Congratulations,
Rox

Katy said...

Praise the Lord! What an awesome testimony. I can't wait to hear more and meet this "real"you. :)

Katy

n/a said...

wow abs, you are an inspiration! good work. i love ya.

The Family Jewels said...

Congratulations Abi! I stumbled on your blog through another blog, so I hope you don't mind me commenting. I started a similar food lifestyle change the first of February this year and have dropped 57 pounds. The program also dealt with my spiritual and faith lifestyles and it had been a very complete change. I still have a lot more to lose, but all of the old baggage and the personal imprisonment are gone.

Doesn't it fell great living in the light and in the love? I am so glad you had a friend who cared enough about you to share this with you and for God to keep others working on you until it was the right time for you to do it.

Your family is so lucky to have you and so are we in the blogging community. Your openess and honesty are inspirational.

Thank you for letting others in on this new light in your life.

Abi T. said...

Pleasure to meet you, Tonia!

Congratulations to YOU on YOUR transformation... that's AWESOME. I wish you all the best as you continue to walk through your journey.

I just visited your blog for a second today, but I'll stop back by again sometime soon. Thanks for the encouragement!

Niki said...

I am so proud of you Abi! Thank YOU for speaking the word "Prism" into MY life. 17 pounds and 10 inches down...a lot more to go. With you as my "coach" I know success is mine!

Anonymous said...

Abi,
Folayo told me to check out your testimony concerning PRISM and it is inspiring. I'm tired of paying for weight loss programs, but I feel I'm still always trying to pull myself out of a rut. Could you tell me more about PRISM and what it entails? I still have my pepperdine email address.

Jessica Hooten