Gratitude. What will it look like to cloak myself in gratitude?
Not sure exactly, but I am certain that it will heighten my senses and add color to an already vibrant world. It will take me out of my mind and myself and help me to really see, hear, touch, taste, smell, feel... to experience, to appreciate the richness of every good and perfect gift. Right now, as I think, type and sip my tea, it has already begun. A shift.
In this moment, five things immediately come to mind - five sweet and precious gifts You have given to me. Right now I want to thank You for...
1. Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea. I could drink it all day (oh wait, I do!). God, it's so GOOD. Cinnamon... and Apples... together in a warm, soothing beverage. It's the most delightful union, and I get to indulge day after day, night after night. It is SO good. Thank you.
2. Leah. I just spent 45 delightful minutes on the phone with my college roommate. Fourteen years ago (14?!?!) you brightened my world with one of the most intriguing, peculiar, funny, creative and absolutely wonderful people I know - one of my dearest and most treasured friends. Thank you. Although I haven't seen Leah in 2 1/2 years, through the wonder of Blogger, it feels like she was in my living room yesterday. We haven't spoken in at least six months, yet we easily pick up right where we left off. I love that. Thank you.
3. Lauren. The kiddos and I came home from her house yesterday afternoon smiling. Wide. When we left CA, my biggest fear was that I wouldn't find friends here who just fit. Soul mates. But I did. Oh, you are good to me. Thank you. Thank you that not only does my friend fit, not only is she easy, light, refreshing and just good, but she and I share daughters who fit too. Thank you. Thank you for teaching me about planting seeds and giving freely through Lauren. THANK YOU that I got to be with her the day her son breathed his first breath. You are too good. Thank you.
4. A package. After a year. One year. This morning I finished the last of my requirements and sent my DONA certification to the committee. Oh, it felt so good, Lord. Thank you. Thank you for every birth I got to be a part of this year. Thank you for growing and stretching and moving and inspiring me this year. Thank you for every client you brought into my life. Thank you for using me to edify, to encourage, to educate and to empower - seeds you planted in my heart 10 years ago, blossoming today. I am utterly humbled. Thank you.
5. Christmas Break. Just a few more days and the pace picks up again. Thank you for slowing me down these last few weeks. Thank you for leveling me. Thank you for filling me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for sweet time spent with my kids. Thank you for giving me time to blog... finally. You are good.
My tea is gone, my insides are warm and my tears are flowing. Remarkable. A monumental shift, indeed. Oh, I am grateful. Thank you for gratitude.