OF COURSE I have to have one too! A wee bit self-indulgent? Aye. Fun to think about and definitely worth proceeding? Aye.
So, without further ado, it's the moment you've waited for all year long... I give you, "My Favorite, Most Interesting, Most Important, Top 10 Posts of 2006."
10. its fun. its free. Yes, this about sums it up for Paul and me.
9. beautiful. What an amazing evening. Although so much has changed and we have each traveled so far from that night, it was monumental in my life. I will love these women until I die. I will never forget that night.
8. His response. I asked. He answered.
7. ambition. OK, I was mad and turned the drama on. Forgive. Nevertheless, the emotions were real and the feedback was too. I allowed myself to feel and speak the fire inside without squelching it. That was huge.
6. marathon... and it was! This post was the culmination of a six-month, life-changing journey. I had to deal with the next day, with the disappointment of finishing short of my goal, with the exhilaration of the finish line...
5. british virgin islands '06. Paul and I chose to put the family on hold for six days to invest in our marriage. It was probably the best decision we made in 2006.
4. indignant. I was blown away by the response I received from my 20 minutes of lamenting. Shocked, acutally. To witness and hear about the conversations sparked, the questions asked, the behaviors altered, the lives impacted by something I wrote... wow.
3. secrets revealed. This was just fun. I can't remember laughing so hard - out loud - literally to the point of tears... at myself. Truth-be-told, I struggled at first to so flippantly admit and expose the naked truth that I'M NOT PERFECT (don't tell anyone). In the end, this post was liberating, constructive... and funny! (oh yeah, and I'm still working on the basement - wink, wink - I'll keep you posted).
2. water. I was pretty insecure about publishing this story once it was written. This was me - the vulnerable writer - putting my stuff out there for anyone and everyone to see. Surprisingly, it felt good. I loved this story. I was so pleased to have found words to capture the thrill of that morning in my life. I grew as writer and person with the challenge of sharing an experience that was so precious...
... and finally the pinnacle of the 70+ posts I wrote on my blogs this year...
1. the middle. This is the post that started this ever-important journey for me. I actually began something - even though the foundation had not been laid, the circumstances were not ideal and I had no idea where I was going. This "middle" was the beginning of something that has already blessed me a thousand times. This is one of the most important things I have ever written - by far the most important thing I wrote this year.
And that's it. Thank you for joining me on this wonderful ride. As this year closes, I hope that you will also take the plunge - do that thing you have been waiting to do. I have learned a most valuable lesson this year - that "the perfect" time or opportunity is... isn't. Too many times we let life pass us by while we're waiting for that magical something - only to find out that it was nothing after all. Why wait? Just Start.
I wish you all the best for the last few moments of 2006 and even more for 2007. Happy New Year!!